Tuesday 7 September 2021

September goal

 I needed a week to decide what would be my goal this month. A lot has happened in the last week, and not in my studio! Now I have a goal; I hope I can reach it this month, but have reservations.

Anyway, other commitments aside, I shall be quilting my beads lap quilt. I finished the top in January, and it has been hanging on the side of my bookcase ever since.

 

This was one of my two RSC projects last year. It's now time to layer and quilt it, ready to use when the colder weather comes in a couple of months. (Making a top of the other project's blocks may well be nest month's goal)

The trouble with planning to have a year of finishing UFOs is that it isn't interesting. To me a finished top is finished! The end! My hands are itching to cut and sew - just cut and sew! Instead I committed in January to finishing a UFO each month. Ha! That didn't last long, but now wish me luck as I pick that task up again.

I'm linking up to

Click on the button to see more of this month's aspirations.

Keep safe and healthy

Happy Sewing

Marly.

7 comments:

Ivani said...

Your beads RSC top is beautiful and deserves to be finished, good luck with your goal for the month, Marly.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is pretty - I like how the colors pop when with black

Mystic Quilter said...

The jewel colours are awesome on the dark background, hav fun with the quilting!

Sue said...

Really lovely Marly!

Chantal said...

I understand you completely. I'm the same; once the top is together it's time to start something new. Haha. Good luck with your goal. It looks like a big quilt too but you can do it. It is so beautiful, it deserves to be finished and enjoyed. ;^)

Kathy S. said...

I loved watching this quilt progress each month in the RSC. It's beautiful all together. I can't wait until I see how you choose to quilt it. Happy stitching. :)

Christine B said...

Your bead quilt top is beautiful, I hope you get it quilted! Christine xx