Friday 24 September 2021

Crumby orange table runner

The RSC colour is orange this month. I emptied my orange scrap bag and made these eight 4.5" crumb blocks. Together with improv triangles from 3.5" orange strips and Bella solid yardage in navy blue they've become a table runner.

Measurements: 38"x 17.5" (0.97m x 0.45m)

Thank you to those who responded last week about the orientation of the triangles. I tried both directions but found them rather threatening pointing outwards; pointing inwards they resemble shark's teeth about to devour the crumb blocks, which is fine by me! 

Quilting will have to wait; at present I'm layering a large lap quilt.

I used to layer quilts on the living room floor, but nowadays I can get down on the floor OK, but getting up when I've finished ...!! I'm trying to layer on the table, but this lot keeps slipping off!

I'm linking this weekend to:

      

 Click on the buttons to see more (orange) scrappiness 

and this week's progress. 

Keep safe and healthy

Happy sewing

Marly.

8 comments:

Christine B said...

I like your pretty table runner. Good luck with the layering! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE the bright and cheerful ORANGE scrappy goodness, Marly!! Your runner was a really good use of those Crumbs. Thanks for linking with the September 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge!

Chantal said...

Lovely use of tiny little bits of orange fabric. Even love the "shark's teeth" edge. Well done. I have the same issue with the floor. ;^)

Ivani said...

Beautiful runner, Marly!
The layering is a problem for me also.

Deb A said...

Great table topper! Are you using the roll on boards method to pin the quilt on a table? It works really well.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great job on the crumb runner! And I like your next quilt coming up, too!!!

Vireya said...

Your bead quilt looks fantastic! The floor is too hard for layering. I have some giant clips (about 5cm across) that I use to keep the quilt on the table for pinning. You can see them in action on this blog post:
https://weednstitch.blogspot.com/2019/01/flowers-and-pins.html

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty orange runner! I love the shark's teeth effect ;)
Beautiful lap quilt too.
Thank you for linking up ;)