Saturday 18 September 2021

Orange progress

This month's RSC colour is orange and my orange table runner for the Table Scraps Challenge at The Joyful Quilter is progressing with stops and starts.

5" crumb squares set in Bella solids navy blue with improv triangle borders to make up the length. There will be a 2.5" navy border beyond the triangles. Do you think it looks better with the orange triangles pointing towards the squares (as on the left) or away from them (as on the right)?

I find sewing crumbs a time consuming occupation, but the orange scrap bag is now empty 😊  of crumbs. For the triangles I dipped into the drawer of 3.5" strips, although I don't really consider strips as scraps, rather pre-prepared pieces.

 I'm linking to:

SoScrappy

Click the button to see more orange scraps in use.

Keep healthy and safe.

Happy sewing

Marly

9 comments:

Ivani said...

Hi Marly, I would go with the left option.
The navy blue makes the orange blocks shine, very beautiful runner.
Stay Safe and Happy weekend.

Mari said...

Nice color choices! I love blue and orange together. I would go with the triangles pointing in so that they form a solid line on the edges. And I love the flowers in your header, too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is really pretty! I think I like the orange triangles pointing out, but could see them working either way. Have fun finishing this up!

Cathy said...

Wow, that is a stunning table runner! It’s so visually striking. Great design!

Chantal said...

Love your crumb blocks. They are time-consuming to sew but I love whipping them up as they are no-brainers. Personally, I prefer the right side but both are nice. Not together though, haha. ;^)

grammajudyb said...

Here is another vote for triangles pointing out! The right side example. It gives a fire or flame look!

Christine B said...

Very pretty table runner! Perfect for Hallowe'en! Christine xx

scraphappy said...

What a pretty color combination. I'd put the color on the outside that you want to use to bind the project. The orange inside integrates the center more, but the orange outside will draw the eye to the edges and highlight a fun orange patterned binding.

Susie H said...

I'm marching to the beat of a different drummer. I like the orange triangles pointing in (left example). Whichever way you go, it's a beauty! And you used up scraps. Double win!