Wednesday 29 September 2021

My one monthly goal for September

 wasn't met! 😒 I wanted to quilt my beads quilt this month, but I'm still pinning it!

At the beginning of this month I wrote that I had reservations about finishing it. A difficult situation occurred in my extended family about four months ago, and I have had lengthy phone calls with my brother in the UK since (thank goodness for Skype). I thought I might have to go to the UK myself this month, but as my little part of the World was coloured dark red on the WHO Covid new infections chart, travelling was out of the question. I got some handwork done, but while handwork is my relaxation I found it difficult to settle to it.

I'm confident that this quilt will be finished in October, now the family situation in the UK has been resolved, not happily, but we are moving on. 

I don't think this qualifies as a September goal achieved, but I wanted to share my progress.

I'm linking to 

         

 Click on the buttons to see lots of goals achieved this month

 and works in progress.

Keep safe and healthy.

Happy sewing

Marly.

4 comments:

Chantal said...

Small progress is better than a standstill. Maybe next month. ;^)

PaintedThread said...

I don't even have photos to share for my missed goal, so you're doing better than me! LOL Looks like it will be lovely when it's quilted.

Janice said...

Life happens, and that sometimes has priority over quilting. I'm glad that things have been resolved and you will be able to get back to your quilt next month. It really is striking.

Vireya said...

Sorry to hear about your family issues. That is hard enough at the best of times, but during a pandemic when you can't travel, it must be so much worse.

Best wishes for getting some peaceful time for yourself in October.