This is my first finish for the 2019 Q1 FAL (click for my list)
and my January goal for OMG
|Mòr braw bag|
The pattern I have used is Laura Cunningham's (IG @laurazuckerkuss ) "Wee braw bag", but I made it bigger this time. That is, large enough to hold a sweater or cardigan in progress.
Here are my mòr and my wee bags together:
The larger one measures 16" x 10" x 6" (w h d) and is made from IKEA furnishing fabric. While the pattern calls for Pellon interfacing I quilted it instead. I expect that Pellon is stiffer than my quilting and that the bag would stand up better. Unfortunately I couldn't find any fusible interfacing material sturdy enough locally, and my own supply is light-weight for stabilising my quilt labels while I embroider them by machine. As I didn't have time to go to the city to try there I thought quilting would be a good alternative and I'm satisfied with the result.
as making this was my goal for January.
Click on the button to see more progress on January goals.