Saturday, 26 January 2019

Mòr braw bag is finished


             


 This is my first finish for the 2019 Q1 FAL (click for my list)
 and my January goal for OMG





Mòr braw bag

The pattern I have used is Laura Cunningham's (IG @laurazuckerkuss ) "Wee braw bag", but I made it bigger this time. That is, large enough to hold a sweater or cardigan in progress.

Here are my mòr and my wee bags together:



The larger one measures 16" x 10" x 6" (w h d)  and is made from IKEA furnishing fabric. While the pattern calls for Pellon interfacing I quilted it instead. I expect that Pellon is stiffer than my quilting and that the bag would stand up better. Unfortunately I couldn't find any fusible interfacing material sturdy enough locally, and my own supply is light-weight for stabilising my quilt labels while I embroider them by machine. As I didn't have time to go to the city to try there I thought quilting would be a good alternative and I'm satisfied with the result.


I'm linking to 

https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2019/01/one-monthly-goal-january-finish-link-up.html

as making this was my goal for January.
Click on the button to see more progress on January goals.

Happy sewing

Marly.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on the finish, Marly! It is a great bag for your projects!

Christine B. said...

Beautiful bags Marly! Great first finishes of the year! Have a lovely week! Christine xx

Patty said...

Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your project!

Frédérique said...

I love your bags, both of them. So pretty!