Sunday 24 February 2019

Beekeeper cardigan finished

 

This is my second finish in the first quarter FAL of 2019.

Beekeeper cardigan: pattern by Marie Green of Olive Knits on Ravelry

This pattern was presented in the summer of 2018 as a Knit Along. I didn't see it until the first finishes appeared on Instagram. After I bought some Double Knitting wool in the sale at Ribbles in Leiden I decided to buy the pattern. By then the KAL was long finished.

It looks like a complicated pattern but once I'd knitted the swatch I had the pattern in my fingers and it was plain sailing. The wonderful thing about knitting top down is that once you've finished knitting all that's left to do is block it and wear it! No sewing parts together, which, although not difficult, is a bit of a let down after the euphoria of finally casting off!

I actually finished about ten days ago, but forgot to post! (again!)

I'm linking up to Wendy's Quilts and more for the Peacock party

and shall link up to 
https://sewofcourse.blogspot.com/2019/04/fal-q1-finishes-linkup.html
at the beginning of April

Happy sewing

Marly.

5 comments:

PaintedThread said...

What a great sweater. Such a pretty color, too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your sweater - I have a pattern for a crochet sweater and will start that when I finish the afghan that I am currently working on in between quilt projects - I have never done one so I hope it is fairly easy like it says!

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

What a lovely cardigan. I haven't knitted for a couple of years but just bought wool to start a scarf. Thank you for linking up with the Peacock Party.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What a beautiful cardigan!!! Are you getting to wear it much? Great job!

Ella said...

That's a lovely sweater! On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!