Monday 4 March 2019

One Monthly Goal March: organising my studio


https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2019/03/one-monthly-goal-march-link-up.html

I've been busy in February, but not working on the quilting project I had anticipated. I failed to reach my goal last month.

I was to have followed a long-arm workshop at my LQS at their new location, but that didn't happen. Once the ladies had installed themselves and their now online shop, they found they didn't have room for their small long-arm machine. In the middle of February I heard the bad news! Too late to do much, so this is all I've done.

Squared Away: the 2019 Rainbow Scrap Challenge lap quilt
Pinned ready to quilt on my domestic machine, which is was to be my goal for this month. I'm not planning on hand quilting it, but I use the frame for layering; it's easier on the back!








Unfortunately my sewing space looks like this:


because we are changing the rooms of our flat around, and my sewing room is changing places with the study (which is also a mess!). You can hardly see my sewing machine which has just a very small working space around it. Not enough for a quilt! While I've thrown out books and papers that were the remains of my teaching career, and so made space for my stash, the last few miscellaneous handwork items are stacked on the cabinet ready for the big change round. The cabinet has to change places with my husband's desk and all his computer paraphernalia.

I would like to make quilting my RSC 2018 quilt, Squared Away, my goal for March, but I think my goal will have to be organising my sewing room, as one is dependant on the other being finished. With a bit of luck both will be finished, but I'm not banking on it!




I'm linking to 
https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2019/03/one-monthly-goal-march-link-up.html
Click on the button to see other people's goals for this month.

Happy sewing

Marly.

4 comments:

Lisa J. said...

I haven't finished a goal yet this year....but I keep plugging along. Good luck with the sewing room and the quilt.

Vireya said...

Best wishes for your sewing room re-organisation! That sounds like enough of a goal.

The piecing on the rainbow quilt you are layering looks incredibly precise. It is beautiful.

Mystic Quilter said...

It's always a balancing act trying to find the best arrangement and storage in a small space, I think your re-organisation works well!

Kate said...

Moving things around always takes time, but hopefully you end up with a more productive space for all your quilty stuff. Good luck with the move.