Saturday 30 March 2019

Squared Away finished!


https://sewofcourse.blogspot.com/p/finishalong.html





Finally I've finished my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt from 2018. This is my third finish for my 2019 FAL Q1 list.






I expected to have it finished months ago, but with one thing and another it got passed by. Now however it's finished: labelled, quilted and bound, and as I write, in the washing machine.

The blocks were chosen by Mari (the academic quilter) and the monthly colours chosen by Angela (Soscrappy) and posted each month from January to October last year. I made two ten-inch blocks each month. I'm not making the RSC sampler this year, but am making bow tie blocks in the monthly colours, although I haven't posted about them yet.

I quilted most with free motion swirls, and added a single line of scallop stitch with my walking foot in the border. I recently bought Wendy Sheppard's book, "Stitching Pathways"  (click to read about the book - I'm not endorsing this supplier!) and found it very helpful. I'd stitched swirls before, but Wendy's breakdown of the process really helped me to stay ahead and relaxed.

Here are two more photos after washing:




I'm linking to



https://sewofcourse.blogspot.com/p/finishalong.html     SoScrappy


http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2019/03/tgif-friday-patriotic-edition.html


Quilting is more fun than Housework 

Click on the buttons to see more quilters' work.

Happy sewing

Marly.

29 comments:

Chantal said...

It is gorgeous! Congratulations on this cheerful finish. ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations on having a finish! It is lovely - my first year doing the RSC

maggie fellow said...

oh what a lovely finish. Mine is still a pile of blocks

Deb A said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish! Love your backing fabric too.

Mari said...

Marly, this turned out so pretty! I love rainbow quilts and yours turned out to be spectacular. Congratulations!

grammajudyb said...

I did not do the sampler last year. Your is really pretty! Great job!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Squared Away quilt is just beautiful! I love seeing the finished ones - each one is so unique!

Kate said...

Beautiful finish! Mine is still just a stack of blocks. Congrats on getting one off your finish along list.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, Marly, it is SEW lovely!! Congratulations on your new RSC finish. Enjoy!!

PaintedThread said...

Yay for a finish. It's so pretty!

Birthe Marie said...

Wow! Congrats on your beautiful finish! :-)

Julie in GA said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish! Your Squared Away quilt looks gorgeous!

Katie Z. said...

Lovely work!

Linda said...

Squared Away is very pretty - lovely and fresh just right for Spring.

gayle said...

So beautiful! (Now I really really need to pull out my blocks and finish mine!)

Jayne said...

It's gorgeous! You must be thrilled to have it finished...and boy, it was well worth finishing!

Bonnie said...

I really like the bright colors in this quilt. Yea for a finish!

Sheila said...

I love it! Congratulations on a colorful, fun quilty finish.

Sandy Panagos said...

Very pretty. A refreshing, summery quilt.

Cathy said...

It's gorgeous! Wonderful job of quilting too! Congrats on the finish!

PaulaB quilts said...

Lovely colorful finish. Congratulations and good going with your totals.

PaulaB quilts said...

That’s a lovely colorful finish, Gayle. Congratulations on that and adding to your totals as well. Have a fun week!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is wonderful! I love how you used all the same background so the colors float.

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Vireya said...

Congratulations on the lovely finish!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Congrats on an awesome finish!! Love all the happy colors in it!!

Angela said...

Beautiful finish! Congratulations on getting it done and in the wash. Such a great feeling to cross another project off the list.

Angela

Mystic Quilter said...

Wonderful finish!! Congratulations to you.

Susie H said...

Beautiful quilt! Great inspiration for us doing this year's RSC. Thanks for sharing

Ella said...

Love the crinkly gorgeousness! On behalf of the FAL crew, thank you for joining in!