Saturday 6 April 2019

RSC colour in March was Green

Every month Angela at soscrappy posts a colour and quilters around the world make blocks in that colour. Angela also posts blocks for a sampler, but this year I'm not making the sampler, instead I've decided on 6" bow-ties.


These are my first six 6" bow-tie units, in the arrangement I shall be making. I'm planning an 8 x 8 grid layout (48" square), but that may change! Anyway I need to make at least ten of every colour to achieve that.

April's colour is aqua and I cut the fabrics for the first six aqua blocks before breakfast yesterday. I was unexpectedly baby-sitting yesterday so got no sewing done! Good job I got up at the crack of dawn or I wouldn't have done any cutting either! I got plenty of knitting done though!

I'm linking up to 

SoScrappy         https://wendysquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/2019/04/peacock-party.html          Quilting is more fun than Housework   

Click the buttons to see more (scrappy) quilts in progress.

Happy sewing

Marly.

12 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful bow-ties blocks! I love your background fabric too, it's going to be a wonderful rainbow quilt!

Turid said...

I love your greens.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love bow tie blocks - yours are great in green! Isn't it fun to put all those cute prints to work?!

grammajudyb said...

Yea! I'm making bow-tie blocks also! I have a lay out in mind, but we will see how it goes. Mine are 8" finished. I am aiming for a large throw to keep in my car!
Your blocks are fabulous!

Susie H said...

Your bow ties are beautiful and way to use your time wisely. I also wake early, ready to tackle a bit of sewing/quilting/cutting!

gayle said...

You've got some really fun greens in those bow ties!

Debi said...

Oh my, bow ties! They are almost addicting as microspools. Thanks for sharing.

maggie fellow said...

Bow ties can be arranged in so many fun ways - I really like them

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on being prepared for some AQUA sewing. Your green blocks for the RSC turned out great!

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, lovely!

Rebecca Grace said...

What a nice variety of greens you have! I have mostly Christmasy emerald green in my scrap bin. Very pretty bow ties!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

My scrappy bow tie quilt has always been a favorite of mine. You will love making the blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!