Wednesday, 29 March 2023

One Monthly goal in March


 .... was to finish some of the quilts on the "ready to quilt" pile. Well there is only one that is finished!


and that's about time too. This was the bee quilt of the blocks made by all the Bee members of the Do. Good Stitches Comfort Circle in March 2022! For some of the group members this was the first time they tried sewing crumbs, so they all did remarkably well. Now I have to find a destination for this Charity quilt.

I'm linking to

Click on the button to see more of March's success stories.

Happy Sewing


Wednesday, 1 March 2023

March's goal ...

... is to make a dent in the pile of tops waiting to be quilted and bound.

There are quite a few:

Only the last one is just a top, the other three are partially quilted and need binding. I doubt if I will get them all finished because I have to tidy my sewing room first; at present I have no space on the table to lay out a quilt!

Wish me luck!

I'm linking up to

Click on the button to see more aspirations for March.

Happy sewing


Monday, 20 February 2023

Circus Cabin finished top

 My monthly goal for February was to finish the Circus Cabin top.

This pattern is by Rachel Hauser and was the subject of a sew-along hosted by her in January. 

The top measures 66" square, and is a "throw", but large enough for my bed! I used fabric from my stash, and was scraping the barrel to find enough pieces of solids long enough. 


I'm linking to 

February OMG Link-up

Click on the button to see more February goals reached.


Happy sewing


Saturday, 4 February 2023

My One Monthly Goal for February

I didn’t quite reach my goal for January as by the evening of the 31st I had just one more block to make. Spending the morning of 1 February at the sewing machine resulted in the last block being sewn and led to this:

Circus Cabin Quilt pattern by Rachel Hauser @ Stitched in Color

Sixteen 12" log cabin blocks for the Circus Cabin. Next on my sewing agenda is joining these blocks together and adding the pieced border. 

My goal for this month to finish this top, and maybe I'll get started on quilting it too.

I'm linking to


Click on the button to see what others are aiming to sew this month.

Happy sewing



Tuesday, 3 January 2023

A new year: a new month: a new goal

My goal for January is to sew the top of Circus Cabin Quilt designed and hosted by Rachel Hauser. 

So far I have just made a fabric selection:

The throw size quilt uses 29 different fabrics in 2" wide strips . I have more in the photo than I really need, but I shall make a finer selection as I go along. My scraps are mainly very small pieces and I found it difficult to find enough of any one fabric to cut the strips from. In my drawer of 2" strips I only found one that is long enough. As I mostly buy FQs I shall be cutting 2" strips from new fabric.

Now to get cutting! It's going to be steady sewing this month to put this top together!

I'm linking to:

 Click on the button to see more goals for this month.

Happy sewing


Wednesday, 28 December 2022

December goal reached!

 My one monthly goal for December was to finish knitting this cardigan:


The wool is Drops DK merino and isn't quite black, but anthracite. The pattern is "Seaside pleated cardigan" by Marie Greene at from her book "Seamless sweaters in two weeks". 

It has taken me considerably longer than two weeks to make; I knitted sweaters for grandchildren, and several pairs of socks in the meantime. My own cardigan got shelved. Now finally finished in time for the next really cold spell.

I'm linking up to:

 Click op de badge for more December finishes.

A happy New Year to you all

Happy sewing


Saturday, 3 December 2022

December OMG: cardigan

Not a sewing goal this month, but knitting; I'm hoping to finish this cardigan by the end of the month. As I usually only knit in the evenings I may just manage it.

The Seashore Cardigan (pattern by Marie Greene in "Seamless Sweaters in 2 weeks") looks close to completion, but appearances can be deceptive. I'm now knitting the last part, the front band, of this edge-to-edge cardigan. This is however an unusually wide band at 8.75cm (3.5") wide and I have done only 3cm (1.25"). It's slow going as there are some 330 stitches on the needle. The cuffs have turned out too wide, so I've decided to unpick them and knit them again on a smaller needle.

I started knitting this more than a year ago, hoping to wear it last winter. However two sweaters for my then three-year-old twin grandchildren intervened. Several pairs of socks later I've decided it's about time this was on my back, instead of on the needles!

I'm linking to:

Happy handworking