Friday 30 June 2023

A finish at the last minute: Hexagonal Hemispheres

 Just in time to link up with One Monthly Goal:

Hexagonal Hemispheres: pattern by Sheila Christensen, quilted by Elly Prins
 


Sweet batik backing

After all it's a throw!


This was made during a QAL designed and hosted by Sheila Christensen a few years ago. I don't know why it took me so long to finish, because I kept up with the piecing during the QAL, just afterwards I hit a phenomenal dip. Finally, I took it to Elly Prins who quilted it for me.

The fabric in the hexagons, which are all traditionally pieced (no foundation piecing or EPP), came from my stash; the sashing, setting triangles and border fabric is basic fabric from Stof fabric, a Danish company.


I'm linking this post to

Click on the button to see more June goals achieved.

 

Sew happily

Marly.

 

 



5 comments:

Robin said...

It turned out lovely. Nice finish. It feels so good to complete a project that has been languishing for a while.

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish! Lots of detail in those blocks and amazed to read that these were traditionally pieced, good for you!

PaintedThread said...

love how this turned out!

Vireya said...

Lovely finish. Congratulations!

Anne-Marie said...

Oooh, wow, that is fabulous!