Sunday 20 January 2019

QAL: The Unconventional and the Unexpected

My Overlapping Octagons, inspired by a quilt in "The Unconventional and Unexpected ..." and part of the Quilt along hosted by Sujata Shah, is progressing, but nowhere near completion. Here are the units I've made so far, randomly placed on the design wall.

Overlapping Octagons: Try-out on the design wall with 4.5" red (the new neutral) centres.
I thought I would use as many of my 19th century reproduction fabrics as possible to make space in my sewing room. Unfortunately most of the "reds" look more like brown, so I shall be adding brighter reds to the mix.There was not much blue, and that has nearly all been used now.

I'm enoying using my scraps in this way; really satisfying!

For more information go to Basket full of Scraps where there are more posts relating to this QAL.



I'm linking to
http://wendysquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/2019/01/peacock-party.html
Click on the button above to see more works in progress.

I'm linking this post to 

Happy Sewing

Marly.

5 comments:

Christine B said...

Very nice how this quilt is shaping up and I imagine it is a lot of fun to piece together. Christine xx

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh good for you getting along so far Marly - I am still collecting my fabrics and sorting them, I've also gone for a different quilt.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

That looks like fun Marly. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

Kaja said...

I like how your reds are looking, and those little bits of orange in there too.

Sandy Panagos said...

Looking good. I think the reds you already have in there are perfect for this project.