Tuesday 31 August 2021

Fireworks sweater: August finish

My goal for August was to finish my Fireworks sweater, the subject of this year's four day knit-along at Olive Knits. Four days was way too optimistic for me, and I knew that at the beginning, but that's never a reason not to start. Having started on 1 July, and finished on 30 August, this sweater has taken two months, minus one day. That's probably the shortest time I've spent on a sweater ever, and the fireworks stitch isn't the easiest (that's it on the yoke and also on the sleeves and on each side). I made it with 100% merino double knitting wool.

Fireworks pattern by Marie Greene of Olive Knits
Not sewing but knitting this month. I did manage some secret sewing for a bee project, and some for the Dutch MQG's contribution to the MQG Community Outreach project.

I'm linking this post to

 

Click on the button to see more goals achieved this month - mostly quilting goals.

 Stay safe and healthy.

Happy sewing (and knitting, crochet and whatever!)

Marly.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that sweater turned out beautiful!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Just beautiful! (Someday I'll be brave enough to try knitting a sweater!)

Robin said...

Such a lovely sweater. I don't know how you knitters do it.

Cathy said...

Beautiful sweater, Marly! I so admire those of you who can knit and create such lovely garments!

Sue said...

Beautiful. I am looking for the yarn to make this!

Patty said...

Gorgeous sweater! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congratulations on your finish.