Sunday 1 August 2021

One monthly goal in August: Fireworks

My goal this month is not a quilty one, but knitting. I aim to finish my Fireworks sweater, which I started on 1 July. This pattern is by Marie Greene of Olive Knits, and has been the subject of her summer 4-day (!) KAL  this year. 


This project is a learning experience, and during the first week of July I did a fair amount of backward knitting in the process of learning new techniques. Once I had mastered the stitch sequence  I was able to move on more quickly.

After 10 days
 

But then I had a forced two week break while waiting for the rest of my wool order to arrive so the self-imposed deadline of 31 July was out of the question. 

In the last week I've got to this (plus 10 cm.):


Let's hope I will have finished the rest of the body and the sleeves by the end of August.

I'm linking to

Click on the button to see more goals for this month.

Happy crafting

Marly.

4 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Good luck with achieving your goal. Looking good so far.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is an interesting looking stitch across the top after the ribbing - what is that called

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that stitch after the ribbing what is that called - I'm not experienced enough at knitting to know more than knit and purl

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Very pretty! Good luck!