Monday 15 July 2019

Two crocheted cuddly toys

 finishalong logo 125px
 
This is my first finish from my FAL list for 2019 Q3.

For my new-born twin grandchildren I wanted to make something special. They are no longer new-born but seven months old and the toys are only now finished! I hope they haven't outgrown them already.


The pattern is a free one from the online yarn shop Hobbii based in Denmark.

I had a problem with the hats. The pattern suggested finishing off with a pom-pom but in my experience babies (and toddlers) pull pom-poms apart and eat them! I don't want to be responsible for that kind of mishap! It took me quite a while to think of an alternative that could be safely anchored. Now they have a sort of rosette in a contrasting colour to cover the finishing hole at the top of the hat. They don't have mouths, so they won't be answering back!

I shall be linking this post to

finishalong logo 125px

at the beginning of October

Happy sewing, and crocheting

Marly.

4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh these crochet dollies are so cute, the babies are going to love them!

Patricia said...

Darling and fun colors.

Vireya said...

Very sweet! It's never too late for a cute cuddly toy.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

These are a great idea, I'm sure they will be well chewed as well as well loved.