Monday 1 March 2021

One Monthly Goal for March

At the beginning of January I assigned a colour to twelve of my UFOs, with the intention on working on each project during the month of that colour in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Yesterday Angela announced the colour for March: GREEN. So while all the rainbow challengers are sewing green fabric I'll be making a background for:

my project with the green label, a collage which I started in February last year during a workshop with Elly Prins. I used a design by Laura Heine as the inspiration.

photo: Laura Heine (from pattern booklet)

I have been thinking of creating some sort of landscape as background/frame, but now will have to make a decision. The background is my goal this month.

I also plan on adding embellishments once I have quilted the piece; I have more ideas about how to do that! The real challenge will be her face: not too silly, too mean or too angry; we read so much into faces. But I probably won't get that far this month.

My goal in February has been progressing so well that I really want to continue while I'm on a roll. It requires relatively little work to make it into a top, so I shall probably be working on that too for the next couple of days.

I'm linking to


Click on the button above to see more sewing goals

Keep safe and healthy.

Happy sewing

Marly.

6 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your collage, so pretty! Thanks for the links to Elly Prins class and Laura Heine website, looks very interesting. Great OMG, and good luck with the lady's face!

PaintedThread said...

Love this! Can't wait to see how the background turns out.

Robin said...

This little lady is great. I'll be looking forward to seeing you progress. A landscape sounds like an interesting idea. She looks like she's dressed up for a birthday party.

Chantal said...

She is lovely. It looks like a fun project to do. How tall is she? I'm intrigued and looking forward to see your progress. Enjoy! ;^)

Vireya said...

Love that dress! have fun working on her through March.

grammajudyb said...

Laura Heine has the best collage quilts! And each one turns out different depending on the fabric! Your lovely lady is looking very good! I’ll be interested in what you decide for a background!