Friday 26 February 2021

Monthly goal for February

 My goal for February was to work on my "Magic Cubes" which had looked like this for 5 years:

 

I have worked on it and finished the FPP.

Now it looks like this:


and, although it's not finished, I have achieved my goal. In fact I got a lot more done than I had expected and I just need to sew the blocks together. Although the pattern includes setting triangles to make the piece square, I think I may leave it as a hexagon, and use it as a table topper.

This was not as difficult as I remembered from the workshop, although the correct placement of the colours in the 12 linked triangles was quite a puzzle. I'm pleased I only needed to unpick one of them! I will probably make it again, and this time go for cubes! I seem to have beaten the FPP phobia, thanks to Leila Gardunia's "Year of Scrappy Triangles" QAL, a few years ago.

Now the question remains whether or not I will make finishing this my goal for March,  or stick to my plan to work on a different UFO each month.

I'm linking this to:

     

Click on the buttons above to see more on-going projects.

Stay safe and healthy!

Happy sewing

Marly.

11 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Wow, that's a lot of work done. It looks great!

PaintedThread said...

I love the colors in this. It will look amazing all put together!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that's an interesting block!

Quilting Babcia said...

That is such a complicated block pattern but it looks wonderful. It will make a gorgeous table topper.

Vireya said...

You made great progress on this in February. It looks fantastic.

Chantal said...

I'm in love. It looks GREAT! What an interesting design. I just love it! Great job! ;^)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! This is absolutely fabulous! I totally love it.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

What a beautiful topper! You did great with all these blocks.
Thank you for linking up today ;)

Kirsten said...

Great colors. I look forward to seeing the finished project.

Mystic Quilter said...

An exciting and colourful project, you must be thrilled with how it's looking already.

Patty said...

So cool! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!