Friday 26 March 2021

Green Trees Runner

Here it's still too cold for leaves on the trees, although some are just beginning to show little points of green, so it won't be long now.

This month's colour at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is green, and although I don't have a rainbow project this year, I have used this colour prompt for my "Table Scraps" table runner.

You might recognise the pattern; it's from Bonjour Quilts and was offered free online last year in aid of the appeal for quilts for victims of the Australian bush fires. The Dutch Modern Quilt Guild, including me, made such blocks, and one of our members turned the blocks into quilts and sent them half way round the world. It's an easy pattern to put together; choosing the fabrics takes an age!

This is still only a top, and measures 36" x 13". My table is 1.4m (approx 55") so perhaps I should add another tree. Of course it also needs quilting and binding before it can grace our Spring table next weekend.

I'm linking to:

 

     grab button for SoScrappy


Click on the buttons to see more scraps put to good use, and other projects.

Stay safe and healthy!

Have a good weekend, sewing happily

Marly.

16 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your lovely Tree runner is perfect for the March 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge, Marly!! I do remember that block from the Australian bush fire collection. I made a different block then, but remember it from the Block Drive that I held on my blog. Hard to believe that was only last year!

Kat Scribner said...

You need to get that finished. Lovely trees and interesting greens, should look good on your table.

Ivani said...

It is a cute tree block and your runner will be beautiful, Marly!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great tree block! They'll make a wonderful Spring tablerunner!

Christine B said...

What a pretty Spring table runner this will make. Look forward to seeing how you quilt it. Have a lovely weekend. Christine xx

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun! I love your spring tree tablerunne!

Kathy S. said...

Love your gorgeous, scrappy trees!

Paulette said...

Very cool tree block! Your runner's going to be really sweet!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful green trees...have a great day!

Maggie said...

Trees, what a clever use of the green for a table runner!

gayle said...

Your trees are absolutely beautiful! You've definitely put green to good use!

Katie Z. said...

Your runner is fabulously cute!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely table runner, your trees are wonderful. Love the use of colors. It's going to be a cheerful runner!
Thank you for linking up!

Susie H said...

As soon as I saw the picture I recognized the pattern. I too made a few tree blocks and sent them off for Australian. Great pattern for your runner. Yup, you need a couple more to complete it. Beautiful!

scraphappy said...

What a fun pattern. Such a great way to find three great greens to play well together. Love your variety of shades.

Deb A said...

I remember seeing those blocks and they sure do make a great table runner.