|unsuccessful fabric trials|
My goal for March was to work on a WIP, and I did, and I tried to create a background for my gypsy dancer collage, but have absolutely nothing permanent to show for it.
Despite working on it I'm no further than I was at the beginning of the month. I failed to create a suitable background.
After about a week of frustration I turned my attention elsewhere in the hope that moving away from the problem would free my mind to find a solution.
I sewed strings for an Ad Hoc Improv Quilters challenge:
I sewed trees for the Table Scraps challenge:
I practised free motion quilting in Lori Kennedy's QAL:
|(definitely more practice needed!)|
Together with friends at a distance I sewed some I-spy blocks for a secret baby quilt (secret! 😀):
I even knitted the greater part of a sock:
Unfortunately, none of them helped, and the background to my gypsy dancer is still empty!
I shan't be spending any more time on it until the lockdown is lifted and the second part of this workshop (originally scheduled for April last year) can take place. I've come to the conclusion that I can't go it alone, and need some support from an expert.
So my goal for next month will not be the same as this month, although it may be one of these projects above. Whatever it will be, I hope to achieve more towards reaching my goal than this month.
I'm linking, even though I finished nothing, to
Click on the button to see other people's achievements this month.
Stay healthy and safe.