Friday 2 October 2020

One Monthly Goal in October


My goal is to layer and start quilting my shoo fly quilt. 

I made these blocks as leaders and enders between July 2019 and May 2020, in response to Bonnie Hunter's L & E challenge. I assembled the top in July, when I chose this as my goal of the month and posted the process here. For the last two months it's been hanging in my studio. Now it's time it was quilted. 

Last week I managed to buy some double width fabric for the backing so I'm all set to go. I think I will use an all-over swirls pattern to quilt the centre, with maybe a different design on the setting triangles, but that's a decision I'll be making later.

I'm linking this post to:

https://wendysquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/2020/05/my-quickest-quilt-top-ever.html

Click on the buttons above to see more handwork aspirations in October.

Keep safe; keep healthy

Happy sewing

Marly.

9 comments:

Christine B said...

Beautiful quilt top! Good luck with achieving your goal to quilt it this month! Christine xx

PaintedThread said...

Ooh. Beautiful quilt. It will look lovely quilted!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
The Shoo Fly quilt is beautiful! Love the
colors you used...thanks for stopping by
my place...have a great day!

Chantal said...

Love this quilt. Good luck with your goal. ;^)

Nann said...

The gray/blue setting makes the scrappy blocks sparkle! Good luck in the weeks ahead.

Andee Neff said...

It is a beautiful quilt top! Cannot wait to see it quilted!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Wonderfully scrappy! Good luck with your goal, will be watching for the beautiful finish!

Paige said...

Lovely blocks, good luck with the quilting!

Patty said...

Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.