Sunday 27 September 2020

Closing Red for the RSC

Each month Angela gives a different colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. This year September has been red.

I posted my red Scrap Snap blocks a few weeks ago, and here are my Bead blocks:


I'm not sure how many blocks I made in previous months, I think six, but this month I have made 7. I don't think they will be enough so I shall be making more of all the colours next year too.

This week I also made two red blocks for another project, the Hemisphere Quiltalong designed and hosted by Sheila Christensen, the Mystery Quilter

These blocks are regularly pieced; they're neither English paper pieced nor foundation pieced. All pieces are cut using a 60° ruler.They are still half hexagons here as they will only be joined when the quilt is assembled row by row. The quiltalong continues into December, so, if you're interested, there's plenty of time to join in.

I'm linking to:

SoScrappy

Click on the button above to see 
more scrappy rainbow progress.

Keep safe and healthy

Happy sewing

Marly

 

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Interesting piecing in your Hemisphere QAL blocks and a lovely finished Bead blocks for RED month at the RSC!!

Chantal said...

Well done! The Bead blocks look so good in red. ;^)

Mystic Quilter said...

One would definitely assume that the Hemisphere blocks were EPP, they're beautiful as are your Bead blocks.

Christine B said...

Lots of beautiful blocks Marly! Have a good week! Christine xx

Andee Neff said...

Looking good! I have not participated in this for a few years, but hopefully this next year I will again. Not teaching so I have more sewing time!

Ann said...

What fun. I made a hexagon quilt once but these blocks are so much more interesting. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see what your quilt will look like.