Friday 9 October 2020

Yellow's the colour!

Yes this gloomy month is brighter in the sewing room because of Angela's decision to make this the yellow month in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Here are my bead blocks:

 
 
My Scrap Snap blocks as yet look like this: 

 
There are 3 joined pairs of squares on the right; they are the only leaders and enders I've made this week because I've been doing reverse appliqué in row 10 of the Sugaridoo Bernina QAL (the link is to row 12, but there are links there to all the rows):

No yellow!
The blocks are all finished, but still have to be trimmed before joining in the row.
 
 
Not much yellow here I'm afraid!
 
I also spent some evenings embroidering motifs for the Christmas table runner SAL, run by Jacquelynne Steves.
Ah, more yellow!

The motifs all measure 4x4", too small for my embroidery ring, but the star puckered. I scoured the Internet for a 10cm (4") ring, and "scoured" is the word as most handwork suppliers had nothing smaller than 15cm (6"). I'm pleased the chosen supplier could deliver only 48 hours later. The wreath isn't puckered, just creased from the ring. I shan't be making any of the blocks until I've finished the 4 embroidered panels.

I shall link this round-up of this week's sewing to:

Wendysquiltsandmore

RSC 20

Oh scrap!

Keep safe and healthy 

Happy sewing

Marly.

6 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Ooh! Love the yellow and black. Purple is pretty, too.

Chantal said...

Wow! So much progress. Love your Hemisphere block even if it has no yellow. The beads blocks look great too. It's fun that you are working with all kind of different colours. It makes the week more interesting, I'm sure. Enjoy! ;^)

Christine B said...

Love all the progress you have made.... such wonderful projects to play with! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

The Joyful Quilter said...

Here's to a bright and cheerful month in the sewing room. Your YELLOW for the RSC will see to that!! :o))

Cathy said...

You’ve made a lot of lovely progress this week. The blocks are all really interesting eye candy!

Bonnie said...

Love the purple block -- really neat design. And, your cute easy breezy blocks. (Although maybe you have making these blocks for a while and didn't start with Bonnie Hunter's yearly challenge. I do like the solids with the yellow. Must rethink my blocks.