Friday 30 October 2020

Goodbye Yellow!

 Angela gave us yellow as October's colour of the month.

 Ten 6" Scrap Snap blocks made this month:

All but the last two seams were leaders and enders while I was sewing a Christmas table runner. Both blocks and table runner top were finished yesterday.

This pattern was presented as the "FaLaLa" SAL by Jacquelynne Steves, and is available on her website until the end of this month (or so). Or at least not for much longer, as the QAL has finished and the pattern will only be available from her shop in future.  

I am not adding more borders as suggested in the pattern; that would be too much for my table. The blocks came together really quickly once I'd finished the embroidery. I haven't embroidered much over the last forty years !! so progress was slow. The satin stitch holly berries gave me the most distress, but these are the best ever - by me - though they wouldn't win any prizes! In the pattern some of the centre pieces had text in them, but as not everyone here reads English I only embroidered pictures.

My goal for October, to quilt my shoo fly quilt, didn't happen. I'm toying with the idea of having a UFO-only year next year; I wonder if I'll be able to resist the temptation of starting something new.

I'm linking this post to:

https://wendysquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/2020/05/my-quickest-quilt-top-ever.html
  

 
SoScrappy

Quilting is more fun than Housework


 

 



 

Click on the buttons to visit these link-ups.

 

 

 

Keep safe and healthy

Happy sewing

Marly.


16 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

So fun to see your finished runner. I signed up to do it and then didn't have the time afterall.

PaintedThread said...

I really like that table runner! Very pretty.

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a warm shade of yellow for your blocks, are you all ready for putting the top together now?

Chantal said...

Lovely bunch of yellow fabric. Just looking at them energize me. Congrats on the table runner. I love it the way it is too. It was my intention this year to deal only with UFOs and although I did start a few project, I did better than I first thought I would. So good luck next year with your own challenge. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The scrap snap blocks are so sunny and happy! I bet they did make good leader/ender seams. I love the tablerunner with embroidered centers, too - so pretty and festive! I'm not a big fan of satin stitch either!

scraphappy said...

Your scrap snap blocks are so cherry and sunny! They will make a great addition to your collection.

grammajudyb said...

I like your Fa La La table runner. I sometimes have to adjust a pattern to fit my space! I think it’s a great idea!

LA Paylor said...

such colorful golds and yellows! Love them, but goodbye yellow brick road...

Deb A said...

I love how your runner came out! I saved off and printed out the pattern but have yet to start it. I like your ideas of a UFO year..... I know I would cave by month 3 starting something new.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely table runner! The berries are pretty, you did a great job with this cute Christmas runner ;-)
Thank you for sharing!

gayle said...

Love your runner!
The temptation of starting something new is something I can NEVER resist... ;)

The Joyful Quilter said...

YELLOW Snap Scrap blocks AND a start of Christmas, Marly? Way to go!!!

Christine B said...

Such a pretty table runner, looking forward to seeing how you quilt it! Beautiful yellow blocks too! Enjoy your weekend! Christine xx

Cathy said...

Oh, those Scrap Snap blocks are so cheerful. I've tried to have a UFO only year and failed. Maybe you will have better luck!

Andee Neff said...

Table runner is beautiful!

Susie H said...

Good luck trying not to start new 2021 projects. There are so many FUN things to tempt us online and from friends. Maybe it'll help you focus on your UFOs and only start a FEW newbies! Lol! Your Scrap Snaps are cuties!