Friday 4 October 2019

Rainbow Bow-ties




My project for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, hosted by Angela at Soscrappy, this year has been bow-ties. I read yesterday that the colours for October are black, grey, and brown, so I decided to call it a day (or perhaps that should be year) and have started putting the quilt together.

webbing in progress

the last two columns waiting their turn













I first sewed all the blocks in column 2 to those in column 1. Then I added the blocks in column 3, and so on. On the table are all the blocks up to and including column 7 joined with vertical seams.

On the design wall are columns 8 and 9, here still waiting for the last two blocks but otherwise ready to be added to the rows on the table.

The next step will be to sew the horizontal seams which should go easily as the blocks are already attached to one another.

Ha,ha, look what I just found:

The last three blocks in each of the last two rows have somehow got twisted! Unpicking in progress! I hadn't noticed until I got to that point with the next column. One block I can understand, but six!

I'm joining:



Click the buttons to see more patchwork.

Happy sewing 

Marly

11 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm also doing bow ties for the RSC not sure yet about the current colours. Something to think about, I guess.

audrey said...

Bowties are such a great block!:)

grammajudyb said...

Me too! I needed black bow ties. Yours is going to br great!

Cathy said...

You will love that sweet bow tie quilt! I finished one last year and it’s my favorite!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your bowties, Marly! They're going to make a lovely, colorful quilt! Oh no, that you ended up with some unpicking - I always wonder how we don't see those things right away. Hope it's a quick fix!

Chantal said...

Such a simple block and yet it makes such an impact. Looking forward to see all the bowties together. Enjoy! ;^)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wonderful bowtie blocks, great colors! Good luck with the unpicking, I've been there.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Unpicking? Been there, done that! Two columns turned the wrong way for an entire quilt-worth of rows. No fun!

JanineMarie said...

Oops! But still so pretty!

Christine B said...

Shame to have to unpick some of the blocks but the error will soon be corrected and the quilt top is going to look gorgeous! Christine xx

Sandy Panagos said...

That's a lot of reverse sewing for sure. I'm glad I have never don e that. Ahem...... lol