Saturday 8 November 2014

RSC 14; Week 45 Blue stars


Each week Angela at Soscrappy posts instructions for 6" square blocks (6½" unfinished). Today I managed to make two of the four she has posted this month.

Double X and Twinkle Star
I should take another photo because the colours are really all pale blue, with the exception of the small star points which are yellow ochre. I think the colour of the table is interfering with the other colours.

The smaller cross in the double X block I had to make twice. The original measurements were not correct, so just in case there's anyone out there who hasn't made it yet, here are the corrected cutting instructions:
Blue #1, cut 4 - 3 inch squares
Blue #2, cut 1 rectangle -1.5 by 3.5  inches
Blue #2, cut 2 squares  rectangles -1.5 inches by 1.75 inches each
Background, cut 4 rectangles 1.5 by 1.75 inches
Background, cut 8 squares -1.75 inches each
It was just a question of seam allowances, which are easily overlooked., especially when trying to get a five by five grid into a six inch square! 

I'm linking to
Soscrppy

So pop over there and see the other pale blue starry skies.

Happy Sewing

Marly.

6 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You have some lovely pale blues in your blocks. I had to really hunt to get enough blue for my blocks so I just used any blue I could find!

scraphappy said...

Thanks for reworking the measurements. I put a link to your post back in the original block directions. Both blocks look great!

make.share.give said...

Your blocks look perfect. Twinkle star is amazing.

Deb A said...

I love that twinkle star! They will be so pretty in your quilt.

Julie Cefalu said...

The twinkle star caught my eye, too! I'm going to have to play with that one. I've pinned it for future reference!
Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks. Love the star : )