Saturday 1 November 2014

Fresh Sewing Day and Small Blog Meet

Two weeks ago I had the wild idea that I should make something for Christmas and that I only had two months to get it done. When I saw Any Smart's hourglass block tutorial I had an idea for a Christmas decoration that would be quick (from a charm pack) and simple (one block repeated forty times)!
Here is the top which I did indeed have put together in two days, two weeks ago:

Fabric: "Solstice" by Kate Spain for Moda
Pattern: Amy Smart (minimally adapted.)




"Why is it still only a top?",  you might be asking. Because there was an event in Houston which was so compelling for the ladies who own my LQS that they shut up shop for two weeks to attend; no-one in their right mind crosses the Atlantic for just a couple of days! While I have enough wadding I don't have enough backing fabric, so have been waiting until they open up again next Tuesday morning. I hope to have this finished by next weekend.

While waiting for the shop to reopen I have gone further with my hexagons,

Hexagons


done some catching up on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge,


Rainbow Scrap Challenge 14: October

and made some more letters in the Little Letters Quilt Along at The Temecula Quilt Company,

 Little letters
Little letters


Also in October I made two small table mats for our bedside cabinets from a Martingale freebie pattern:

table mats

Click on the photos to read more about each of these projects.

I'm linking up to Lily's Quilts for both
and
Fresh Sewing Day               Small Blog Meet

so head over there to see what else has been happening in October.


Happy Sewing

Marly.


8 comments:

Andee said...

All your blocks look great, congrats on catching up to the RSC (me too as of last night!). We are almost to the end! Lots of great projects going on here!

Iris said...

you look like one bussy bee. I love the table runner, any ideas on how you will quilt it??

Unknown said...

Great projects! I can't wait to see your runner finished! (And the audacity of people wanting to go to that exciting event in Houston! :))

Nina said...

What nice looking projects! Love the colors on your hexies!

Carla said...

I spy some hexies! Lovely projects

mumasu said...

Hi, I have come here from Lily's Quilts. Love the Chrismas top and the alphabet is fantastic. Sue :)

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

I love how your table runner is looking. And those mini letters are adorable! What do you plan to do with them when you're finished with the alphabet?

Marly said...

Thank you Sandi. LOL ... I'd have gone too, but I couldn't afford the air fare!