Saturday 29 November 2014

Finished mug rug

Not the biggest project ever!



I gave this to a friend for a birthday present last weekend, together with two mugs. There's no photo of the second mug; I'd already wrapped it! It's similar but with a different painting, and with an orange rim.





I followed this pattern from Julie Cefalu, "The Crafty Quilter". I was attracted to the unusual shape, and cutting and assembly turned out to be really straightforward. I quilted in the ditch around and through the star, and did an extra row of stitching round the edge. The fabrics all came from my scrap box, and, although it's nearly Christmas, the choice of fabric was governed by the colour of the mugs. Anyway it was a birthday present.

Linking to:

 TGIFF



Happy sewing

Marly.

4 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a sweet little mug rug. The shape is a nice change up from the usual squares.

Vireya said...

What a lovely gift! Thanks for linking to the pattern. I need to make some quick Christmas gifts, and that might be just what I need.

Andee said...

It is really cute! Might have to make one myself!

Ruth said...

Great idea for a gift! Thinking about making one or two now for the girls in the office!