Wednesday 30 November 2022

The hexagons are a finished top!

It's not only a top; I've already taken it to the long-armer, Elly Prins. This is the first time I've asked someone else to do the quilting for me. Unfortunately it won't be back until in the New Year.


I made this quilt during the online QAL with Sheila Christensen from July 2020. All the hexagons are traditionally pieced; no FPP or EPP in sight! The fabrics in the hexagons all came from my stash, and the background fabric is a basic from Stof of Denmark in yellow/gold on cream. 

I needed a push to get the rows sewn together, and the borders on, but within a week it was a top. The push came from the end of year "finishfeestje" (finish party) hosted by Deveney

 


Happy sewing

Marly.


3 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Very pretty! Can't wait to see it all quilted.

Vireya said...

Well done! It looks terrific all together.

Sandy Panagos said...

Great hexagons! i can tell you spent a lot of time on them. Congrats on getting an old UFO off to the quilter.