Saturday 12 November 2022

Hexagons resurrected


 After more than 2 years I've taken my hexagons out of storage and done some work on them.


These were made in the Hemisphere Quiltalong designed and hosted by Sheila Christensen through the autumn of 2020. All fabrics are from stash.

The pieces were already joined into 10 rows of half-hexagons and at the beginning of this week I joined the rows into pairs, and yesterday joined rows together: rows 1 & 2 are joined, 3, 4, 5 & 6 and 7, 8, 9 & 10. It took a lot of pinning, matching the points, but most of them so far are spot on! This afternoon I hope to finish joining the centre of the top. Then I'll be cutting and attaching the borders.

It feels so good to be working on this again.

I'm linking to:

 

Happy sewing

Marly.

5 comments:

PaintedThread said...

The blocks are so pretty - will be a beautiful quilt!

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Oh! I do like this Marly. It’s always exciting when it’s time to join up the rows. I look forward to seeing it finished one day.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Such a great inspiration to take back these pretty blocks, your rows look fabulous. A quilt soon to be finish!
Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

Vireya said...

They look terrific!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful blocks Marly, what size are they? Can't wait to see them all made up into a top.