Tuesday 25 August 2020

Granddaughter's shoulder bag

My one monthly goal for August was to make a bag for my nineteen-month-old granddaughter. I posted a photo of the pattern and the fabric I'd be using. But then plans changed.

It started with the partial collapse of a wardrobe, followed by the removal of the contents into storage boxes and the transfer of a lot of old stuff to the recycling and the dump. Among the mixed handwork items on one of the shelves was a little piece of machine sewn crazy quilting that I had tried my hand at eight years ago; just the right size for a bag for a little girl to put her hanky in!

No pattern, just improvising by trial and error:

 With a fun lining:


And a sweet little owner called Roos (pronounced Rose);

 
who wasn't sure about it at first ...
 
so her twin brother decided he'd like to try it

It looks like I'll have to make something for him too.

I'm linking to:

       https://wendysquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/2020/05/my-quickest-quilt-top-ever.html        QPA

Keep safe and healthy

Happy sewing

Marly.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

So adorable! Yes, he definitely needs a man-purse. Thanks for sharing your finish!

Danette said...

Your cute bag looks like a fun toy for the adorable twins!

PaintedThread said...

That is a super cute bag. You definitely need to make him a bag, too!

Rebecca Grace said...

That is fantastic! I love the bag, love the story behind it, and seeing your little grandtwins modeling the finish is awesome! :-)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute bag and such a good use of a UFO - I'm sure your grandson would like a little "man bag" as well

Vireya said...

What a pair of cuties! I can definitely see some more bag sewing in your future.

Karen's Korner said...

How cute. Definitely a man bag is to be made.

Christine B said...

What a beautiful bag and adorable grandchildren! Christine xx

Mystic Quilter said...

What a cutie she is with her new bag! Love your grandson trying the bag out for size.

Jenny said...

So sweet of course you need to make another one for her little brother!

Patty said...

Very cute! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!