Friday 7 August 2020

Purple beads and more purple sewing

This month's RSC colour is purple. I've made my purple bead blocks:


and made a start on the Scrap Snap blocks from the fabric I had prepared last week:

one block finished
(looks blue here, but really is purple)

For the person who wrote last week that she didn't understand the blocks here is a summary of the process:

the second block in the machine

the next two ready to sew


the box of parts still to go

The blocks are made from the partly assembled units in the box. Each month there are ten finished blocks in the colour of the month, and each block has a different layout of the parts.
I sewed the first block as leaders and enders while making the bead blocks, which is why the second block, although nearly finished, is still under the needle. Next time I start sewing it will be the leader into the next seam. For more on leaders and enders check here.

I'm linking to:

http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/2020/07/oh-scrap-nope.html     

and at the weekend to:

Click on the buttons to visit.

Happy sewing

Stay happy and healthy

Marly.

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your blocks all look good - I should get my purple out and get my blocks made and put aside before I get back to my pineapple blocks

Andee Neff said...

Loving all the purple. Makes me wish I had jumped in again this year!

Christine B said...

Beautiful blocks! I like the colour purple, so these really appeal to me! Have a lovely weekend. Christine xx

Dasha said...

Lovely blocks Marly! I like your idea for the scrappy one - it would work really well as a leader/ender project.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

All your purple blocks are great! The scrap snap idea is so interesting. I might have to start a new project!

Jayne said...

I love purple and your blocks make me love it even more!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty blocks in purple! The Scrap Snap blocks look like a good use for 2.5 inch squares and strips.

gayle said...

Oooo! Look at your pretty purples! (I have trouble photographing purple, too!)

Cathy said...

I've thought about making Chandelier Beads many times but have never been able to decide upon a background color. I don't really have enough of anything in my stash to use. I sure do like your brown!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Purple is my favorite. Thanks for sharing your pretty blocks with Oh Scrap!

Rebecca Grace said...

Look at all those yummy purples! Reminds me of Grape Kool Aid, which I haven't had in about 40 years! :-)

Susie H said...

Pretty purple blocks! I use L&E all the time too. Bonus quilt time! Looks like Scrap Snaps are perfect for that!