Saturday 6 June 2020

Wonky log-cabin table runner still needs a reverse side


Finishing this was my goal for last month.


While I got the pieces assembled into a table runner top, I haven't managed to make the reverse side yet. I want to make a reversible table runner, so just slapping a piece of fabric onto the back won't do!

At present I'm following an online course with Carol Lyles Shaw, mid-centrury modern curves, which involves freehand-cut drunkard's path blocks being cut and reassembled improv-style. I had hoped to be able to use the resulting blocks as the reverse, but they finish at 16.5", wider than my table runner! I'll be making smaller modern curves blocks this month.


Happy sewing

Marly

8 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your table runner, and it's a great idea to make it reversible, with curves at the other side!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I really love your wonky log cabin table runner. It's so unique and I look forward to seeing your curvy backing/reverse side blocks. Happy Sewing!

Patty said...

That looks great! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Vera said...

Looks great Marly! Good luck with you goal!

Mystic Quilter said...

This really is a beauty of a table runner, I love the rich colour fabrics and the wonkiness.

Yvonne said...

Could you add a border to the other side of your table runner so you can use the improv drunkards path blocks&

Yvonne said...

Could you add a border to the other side of your table runner so you can use the improv drunkards path blocks&