Saturday 13 June 2020

A new scrappy project

Angela at SoScrappy gives a colour each month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and a lot of us pick out our scraps in that colour and use them.

I showed my pink bead blocks last week, but while I was looking round on the SoScrappy and Oh Scrap links-up last weekend I saw something intriguing. Julie in GA showed a photo of her progress in her rainbow project. However much I looked at it I just couldn't work out how Julie had made the blocks. She kindly pointed me towards the Scrap Snap QAL and I'm hooked!

Here are my first Scrap Snap blocks:


The blocks all finish at 6" in the quilt and are made up of different combinations of just four pieces. That makes the cutting easy and the piecing not boring! I made these this week as leaders and enders while working on another project.

The QAL started in January so I'm rather late, but I'm not going to play catch up; I'll just make the other colours next year as we come to them.

I'm linking to:
grab button for SoScrappy  Quilting is more fun than Housework
Click on the buttons to see more scrappy projects.

Stay safe and healthy,
Happy Sewing

Marly.


8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW jealous!!! I am in love with the Snap Scrap QAL. It's too bad that I've already got enough ongoing projects to keep me busy this year!

Kat Scribner said...

LOL Marly. Julie sent me to the same project!!! Shame on her. I cut all the pink for these scrap snap blocks too, waiting to sew them together. They are so simple, wonder if we can catch up with previsou months colors? or we can just carry it over for next year. There are SO MANY layout options, we may have to make one every year.

Chantal said...

I clicked on Scrap Snap and Oh! My! Sizzling Bacon!! I know why you are hooked. I'm hooked too. I am presently working with my flannel and I have so much. This block with so many layout to choose from could easily take care of some of the flannel problems. Thanks for the inspiration. Your blocks are so sweet. You have lovely fabric. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like those Scrap Snap blocks, too - yours are so much fun in pink! Enjoy the new project!

LA Paylor said...

pretty pinks Marley... let pink help heal the world this month
LeeAnna

scraphappy said...

What pretty pinks! It looks like a fun pattern to sew.

Deb A said...

Those blocks are really cute!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great pattern, and you pink blocks are fabulous!