Saturday 6 June 2020

We're in the pink in June!


For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month, Angela has chosen pink. If you click on the RSC button, you will be able to visit more bloggers looking through rose-coloured spectacles!

My six pink bead blocks:


I didn't make any bead blocks last month; dark green isn't very successful paired with charcoal.

I haven't blogged much recently, and now am facing the extra challenge of Blogger's new look! Incredibly it took me ages to locate the "new post" button! But then I have never been good at reading icons. I hope I can find the "preview" and "post" buttons!

Our lockdown here has been lifted, although we have to maintain 1.5 metres' social distancing. This means we are now able to invite friends for coffee or drinks, as long as we have enough room to leave at least 2.5 metres between the chairs. So no big parties yet, but at least non-digital conversation is possible. That's such a relief!

I'm linking this post to:
grab button for SoScrappy     Quilting is more fun than Housework
click on the buttons above to see more scrappy goodness.
Happy sewing

Marly


9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad that some of you can now live normal life's even if you have to maintain a space apart. here same old stuff - staying home - love your pink and black blocks

Kathy S. said...

I love your pink blocks! I totally understand the dark green not working great with charcoal. The bright colors are looking awesome. After reading your post I am going to try a test post with "the new Blogger". Fingers crossed.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Hi, Marly! Good luck with the new blogger interface. It took me a long time to find the New Post button, too! I'm more of a word person than an icon person. But I think I'll get the hang of it. Have fun seeing more people in "real life".

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm guessing you found the preview "eyeball" and the post "arrow." My biggest NEW Blogger challenge was finding the alignment functions. Nice job on getting your PINK blocks done for the RSC!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pink definitely goes well with yor charcoal background! Pretty blocks!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely pink blocks, I like this pattern. Glad you are able to socialized a little, it's good to see people in real.

Sara said...

I'm also making some bead blocks but haven't done any in pink yet. I love the dark background. I wish I thought to use dark backgrounds more often.

Jenny said...

Such pretty pink bead blocks, this pattern is on my wish list for "some day".

sue s said...

I too am making bead blocks, but with a scrappy white background. Each color group has the same background, but they are different from group to group.