Thursday 5 March 2020

My goal for March

I'm goal setting each month over at Elm Street Quilts and each month I find myself wondering which of my many on-going projects can I designate as my goal this time. For me blocks of the month don't qualify because they come round every month regardless; I think my monthly goal should be something of a challenge, something that would otherwise become yet another UFO, but also achieving the goal should be feasible in a month.

This month's OMG has certainly been a challenge:


This is my result so far in the Improv triangle sew along hosted by Nick Ball on Instagram (@quiltsfromtheattic).

I'm not new to improv, but I'm finding putting this together really a task. The piece has got smaller  while I was sewing it together, so now I'm going to make a few more units to fill the awkward spaces and to make it more square.

Let's hope making this my goal will spur me to get to the finish.

I'm linking up to
March OMG link-up is open!

Click on the button to see more goals.

Happy sewing

Marly.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Your piece is really pretty--I tried making some of these with prints and didn't care for them--it looks great with your solids...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty colors - I decided to not take part in this I've got too many others I'm working on

Jeanne said...

The color assortment of your triangle blocks really catches my eye!

Patty said...

That looks awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful work in progress here Marly!