Friday 28 February 2020

Orange hour-glasses

After January's green, Angela gave orange as the colour for February. I like orange; it's such a happy sunny colour, and sunshine is what we could use here now!

I explained in January that I was combining several challenges so the hour-glasses for the AHIQ was combined with the RSC colour for January. And now February too!

Here are my improv hour-glass blocks:

The four on the left and right are 5.75" square, and the other four are 5.25" square. That will be an interesting jig saw! But that's improv! 😀

I really need to think about what I'm going to use as my RSC block this year. I don't intend making wonky hour-glass blocks next week, whether in red?, yellow?, pink? or ? ...

...OK, it's TEAL.

I shall be linking this in due time to:
SoScrappy 
click on the button above to see more orange happiness!

Happy sewing

Marly.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Neat hour glass blocks--it's fun trying different sizes--
nice work hugs, Julierose

Kaja said...

These are cool blocks and I like the orange too, a nice balance to the endless rain we are having.

maggie fellow said...

fun to try these blocks wonky

Mari said...

Never thought of doing these as improv. I'm impressed that they came out so well! Have a great day!

Quiltdivajulie said...

My AHIQ hourglass project is waiting to be pin basted and quilted . . . maybe in March. Have fun deciding what to do with your teals.

Deb A said...

Hour glass does make a pretty scrap quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice use of a few ORANGE scraps! I'll be looking forward to what you decide about teal for the RSC.