Sunday 2 February 2020

My One Monthly Goal in February

is to make the remaining two blocks of the Summer Sampler 2019: numbers 7, Sparkler, and 21, Summertime Star, and to redo number 9, which was an abysmal failure:


finishing a whole inch narrower across the middle than along the edges!

As block 7 is a transparency block, designed by Yvonne Fuchs, I left it until last to make sure I had enough fabric to make it in my own choice of colours.

I should be able to manage those this month.

I'm linking to
https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2020/02/one-monthly-goal-february-link-up.html

Happy sewing

Marly.

6 comments:

PaintedThread said...

That's quite the distortion. oof!

Chantal said...

Too bad you have to redo a block. Good luck with your goal. ;^)

Nicole Painchaud said...

Looks like a modern quilt. I love the designs. Can't wait to see the final quilt. Good luck.

Susan said...

Best of luck with that redo. That doesn't look like all that simple a block to do. I know it will be better second time, because I bet you learned a lot in making the first one. 3 blocks, you can do this!

Christine B said...

Good luck with your goals for this month! Christine xx

Patty said...

Great block! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.