Thursday 30 January 2020

Green hour-glasses

I take part in several challenges, and they all come together in this week's post!



Firstly, and the longest running on my list: The Rainbow Scrap Challenge, hosted by Angela at Soscrappy blog, for which this month's colour is green.
Secondly the Ad Hoc Improv Quilters online community, for whom the challenge for the first six months of 2020 is Hour Glass blocks.
Thirdly the challenge this quarter of the Dutch MQG (#dutchmqgthemavandemaand) is Improv.

These hour-glass blocks were cut freehand, and then machine stitched with a quarter inch seam. The original squares which I cut into quarters were 2.5", 3.5" and 5.5". I didn't plan them that way, that's just how they came out of my green scrap bag.

I haven't decided on my RSC block for this year, but I don't think I'll be making improv hour-glasses in all colours of the rainbow. These pieces will be going into one of the other two challenges, probably the AHIQ's.

I shall be posting this post on the blog of the AHIQ -  AHIQ: Improvisational Utility Quilts, and linking to the RSC link-up on Saturday.

SoScrappy 
Click on the button above to see more Rainbow fun. 

Happy sewing 

Marly

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely hourglasses--nice free hand cutting on these--they don't look wonky at all;))
hugs, Julierose

Vireya said...

Very clever to use one set for three challenges!

Mystic Quilter said...

Good idea to combine projects Marly. I am still planning out the Hourglass for AHIQ!

Cathy said...

I like your Hourglass idea. You are off to a good start.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Whatever you choose to do with those improv hourglass blocks, you managed to get some green scraps out of your stash. Nicely done!