Wednesday 1 January 2020

My goal for January 2020


is ...

Rainbow Bow Ties, all pinned and ready to quilt.
to have this, my RSC quilt in 2019, quilted and bound. The label is already on the back; I didn't forget this time and had it attached to the backing before I started layering.

The coloured fabrics were all scraps, but I had to add to the neutral stash for the sake of variety. The  squares were cut at 3.5" and the sew and flip triangles at 2" which resulted in 12" blocks. When I first saw this block unit I disliked it, but must say it has grown on me in the last few years, especially when I saw it made up into a quilt like this in the digital magazine "Make Modern". Now I am trying to decide how to quilt it. FMQ still worries me so I'm trying to think up a walking foot design other than straight lines. Whatever I decide I'll be reporting back at the end of the month.

I'm linking up to 

https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2020/01/one-monthly-goal-january-link-up.html

Click on the button to see more handicraft goals for this month.

With best wishes for 2020, and many happy sewing hours

Marly.

15 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is one nice looking quilt! I have to figure out what my goal for this month is and get it posted

Kathy S. said...

This is a beautiful project for January, Marly. Good luck on finishing your OMG.

Julierose said...

Beautiful RSC quilt good luck with the quilting hugs, Julierose

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Good luck with your goal. The quilt looks wonderful!

Chantal said...

I really love this quilt. Good luck. Wishing you a wonderful New Year. ;^)

Vireya said...

Happy new year! All the best for getting that lovely quilt finished this month.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I'm a sucker for a rainbow quilt and I absolutely love yours. Happy quilting :)

Sharon said...

Love the rainbow ties! Good luck with your January goal.

Vera said...

Looks great already! Good luck!

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on meeting your target! Your Rainbow Quilt is beautiful.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your bowtie RSC looks fantastic! Happy quilting!

marebear said...

Hi Marly, I love the rainbow effect in your bow tie quilt.

Kathryn T said...

It is gorgeous and will look forward to seeing it quilted. I need to remember to put a label on before quilting. A 2020 small goal! All the best with your OMG.

Lisa J. said...

I love the bright colours in this quilt Marli , as well as the variety of background fabrics. It's very nice and I look forward to seeing how you quilt it.

Patty said...

Lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.