Saturday 14 March 2020

Green, Orange & Teal / Aqua

This month's colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is teal (and aqua). I was late deciding on a block, and have used the first three colours all in the same month.

My aim is to make four of these 8" square blocks in the colour of each month, except dark blue, brown and black, which won't show up well against the charcoal grey background. As it is, this month's dark and bright green is just about on the limit of contrast.
The coloured pieces are all from stash: the 2.5" squares from the scrap baskets, and the 4.5" squares mainly from fat quarters. The charcoal grey pieces are from 2.5" x WOF strips of yardage; one strip is exactly enough for two blocks.
I'm linking up to
SoScrappy

Click on the button to see more rainbow progress.


Happy sewing

Marly.

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

these are looking nice - love the design and the color

scraphappy said...

All caught up and looking great! The black fabric is great for contrast.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such great blocks! I like your gray background!

Julierose said...

this is coming together so well, Marly--love the black along with them stay safe now
Hugs, Julierose

Jennifer said...

i've been seeing alot of these blocks around- they're really pretty, so it's understandable why they're so popular.

Kathy S. said...

They look so gorgeous together!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad that you decided on and are getting caught up with your RSC blocks for the year!!

Jenny said...

Looking good, that block is on my RSC bucket list!

Vireya said...

The bead block looks great! It will make a gorgeous quilt.

Christine B said...

This is looking great! I like the block you have chosen to make! Christine xx

Cathy said...

I've seen variations of this block and seen it called Chandelier or Bead. Whatever it is I have thought of making a quilt of this block too. It makes for a lovely quilt. I love your charcoal gray background.

gayle said...

Beautiful blocks! Those colors look wonderful against that dark background!
I remember seeing this block around last year and thinking I would use it for RSC this year, but I've dropped the ball on that. Next year for sure?