Thursday 5 March 2020

Some teal and catching up with orange

This month's colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is teal, of which I have very little. I hope I'll get the chance to make more blocks later in the year.

For I have finally decided on a block for this year's challenge:

Beads
 These are 8" square and are very simple to make:
  • background: 
    • 2 strips  2.5" x 4.5"
    • 2 strips  2.5" x 6.5" (All the background fabric for two blocks can be cut from one 2.5" WOF strip.)
  • colour:
    • 2 squares 2.5"
    • 1 square 4.5"
If you want to make a whole bead quilt quickly, and not scrappy, Jordan Fabrics has a You-Tube video. The measurements are different and the method is phenomenally faster than mine - but mine is scrappy!

I also have some orange ones:


On Saturday I'll be linking to 

SoScrappy

Click on the button to see other participants' teal pieces.

Happy sewing

Marly.

11 comments:

Chantal said...

Nice block. I like it. It will be interesting to see where this takes you. ;^)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, these teal blocks are beautiful, really love the pretty fabric with a touch of orange!

scraphappy said...

What fun blocks. I love the scrappiness of them.

maggie fellow said...

great idea for a rsc project - very fun

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like these blocks this will be a nice design

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like those blocks! Your bright scraps look great with the black background fabric!

Kathy S. said...

Fun blocks. Nice fussy cutting. Have a great weekend.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great start to this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge! You've chosen a lovely block.

gayle said...

I love these blocks! You've reminded me that I had thought about doing them for this year's RSC, too. Hmmm... It's only March... I could catch up...

Mystic Quilter said...

Wonderful blocks with the back making the colour pop.

Susie H said...

Beautiful blocks. I think they will make a beautiful quilt later on. Have a good week!