Wednesday 15 May 2019

Mini Wonders table runner.

https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2019/05/one-monthly-goal-may-goal-setting-link.htmlFinish-A-Long 2019 logo
              

My Mini Wonders Table Runner is finished and in use on the dining table. This is my first finish for the 2019 Q2 Finish Along list, and was also my one monthly goal for May.


The pattern is by Sheila Christensen and was published in instalments in six issues of "Make Modern". This design looks as if it might be EPP, but in fact it's ordinary piecing; all the pieces are cut from strips using a 60 degree ruler. The strips are either 1.5" or 2.5".

I quilted the border sections and the white pieces in the large hexagons with the walking foot and the setting triangles free motion.

 Fabric

The coloured hexagons are made using two fabrics in each of six colours. I used Alison Glass fabrics from various series.
The borders are white and three shades of grey.
For the binding I cut 2" strips of several of the fabrics used in the table runner,
The backing is "Basicgrey compositions" from Moda (the second word may be something else - it is so faint)
I both pieced and quilted with Aurifil 50wt. colour 2600, dove grey.

I'm linking this week to:

Needle and Thread Thursday     https://anjaquilts.blogspot.com/2019/05/tgiff-hands2help-comfort-quilt.html
Click on the buttons above to view more new quilts.

I'm linking to "One Monthly Goal" at Elm Street Quilts,
and to 2019 Finish Along at Studio sew of course at the end of June.
Then you'll be able to view other people's progress by clicking on these links.

Happy sewing

Marly.

13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really like that table runner! pretty and unique blocks

Vicki in MN said...

It's pretty, I would love to see it up closer!

Vireya said...

Lovely finish! It looks great on the table.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

It looks great. Congrats on the finish. Thanks for linking up with Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.

Tracie @ Riceford Streams said...

Your runner is gorgeous!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Congratulations on your finish, this table runner is a beauty!

Karen's Korner said...

Congratulations on finishing your pretty runner.

Suze said...

Your Mini Wonders Table Runner is fabulous. Congrats on a wonderful finish!

Danette said...

Very nicely done!

Patty said...

Pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Lisa J. said...

This is one seriously beautiful table runner Marly. Awesome finish.

Melanie said...

This is really gorgous! I love the design and the colors - and I am an AG fabric fan, so of course I am in love with the fabrics themselves :) Great finish! I hope you enjoy it a lot xo Melanie

www.mell-meyer.de

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

So. Very. Beautiful!