Saturday 11 May 2019

RSC 2019 half way mark!

As the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, organised by Angela, runs from January to October the end of May marks the half-way point. Despite starting more than 2 months into the year I've pretty well caught up, though I will probably make more red and yellow units.

rainbow bow ties

The units finish at 6" square, so the photo represents a 36" x 42" quilt. This is not the final layout; there are still five months and five colours to go. I haven't repeated any of the coloured fabrics, but I have repeated neutrals; despite buying more neutral FQs and having more choice, repetition seems to be inevitable.

I'm linking up to:
grab button for SoScrappy      Quilting is more fun than Housework

Click on the buttons to visit the parties; 
especially the RSC sampler blocks are very pretty. 

Happy sewing

Marly.

12 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

For getting a late start, you are doing a SEW great, Marly!! If my DS1 was in charge of your project, you would have a single background. He's funny like that! I, on the other hand, appreciate the added interest of a varied background.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to get busy today and make more of my blocks I didn't have any more ready to show today I will try for next week instead. Love your pattern

Chantal said...

Well done on catching up. It will be a very happy quilt. ;^)

Katie Z. said...

Beautiful!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love bowtie blocks! Yours are so pretty and full of color!

Cathy said...

What a lovely burst of colors!

Jenny said...

I'm doing bow tie blocks too, so fun and easy. Yours look wonderful all together.

Christine B said...

This is looking so pretty. The colours really livened up my day! Christine xx

Vicki in MN said...

It is going to be the prettiest bow tie quilt I have ever seen!

Jayne said...

I do love a rainbow quilt! The Bow Tie blocks are amazing and really work well with the colors!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This quilt is going to be Fun! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Mystic Quilter said...

You're going to have a super Bow Tie quilt by the end of the year.