Here it is:
It was also my goal for October, but it's still not finished!
Yet another goal not reached! I had the top sewn together early in October, but the quilting is heavy going: a combination, I think, of a double layer of wadding and Ikea furnishing cotton as backing.
When I roll the fabric up the roll is so bulky I can't see over it if I'm sitting at the machine so I've resorted to standing. I didn't expect that to be so easy; I certainly have a better view of the fabric, and more control of what's happening. I had a problem at first controlling the speed, being rather heavy-footed when my legs got tired. That was quickly remedied by taking a break regularly and doing something else, like writing this blog post!
There's not much more to be done to the mat, just quilting a few more diagonal lines, trimming, provisionally binding and washing. I read that I can expect up to 10% shrinkage on quilting cotton so I added that, plus a bit extra, all round. I'm going to provisionally bind it on the machine with a long stitch, and then trim it finally after washing, and then reattach the binding permanently.
That shouldn't take me so long! Well, we'll see at the end of November!
I'm linking to Patty at
click on the button above to see more November goals.