Friday 12 October 2018

RSC September blue and October green

We've come to the end of the blocks for the RSC 18's Squared Away sampler. Mari at the Academic Quilter has posted block instructions each month and Angela at Soscrappy has hosted the link-up. This is the last block:
Dewey Dream


As I was rather busy in September with other projects I didn't get my Squared Away blocks made, but thank goodness I've caught up now. Here are my blue blocks, only 12 days late!

Queen Charlotte's Crown



Now it's time to start thinking about the layout. I rather like the idea of an on point setting for this, but 20 is not a very useful number to work with; a 4 x 5 block rectangle would work better. I'm still thinking about this!

I shall be linking to

SoScrappy

Click on the button above sometime on Saturday afternoon (CET)
 to see more green goodness made this month.

From a brilliantly sunny, and at least 10°C warmer than the seasonal average, Netherlands, I wish you happy sewing this weekend,

Marly.

11 comments:

Vireya said...

Lovely blocks! I'll be interested to see how you put them all together.

Have a happy sewing weekend yourself!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Great colours for your last set of blocks. Made me think of colours in my paintbox :)

-Soma

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blocks are pretty! I'm thinking a 4 x 5 rectangle layout, too. Glad you're enjoying some pretty fall weather!

gayle said...

Well your September blocks may be late, but they're still earlier than mine are! (I haven't even picked out fabrics for them yet! I'm really admiring your choices!)

Christine B said...

Beautiful blocks Marly! I am looking forward to how you decide to set the blocks.... your quilts are always lovely! It has been very warm here in Switzerland too! Christine x

The Joyful Quilter said...

Quite the conundrum! It seems to me that 20 blocks would make a 4 x 5 rectangular setting. (Although, my quilt math skills tend to be lacking at times.) Best of luck with weighing your options! I believe it's going to be a lovely quilt, whatever you decide to do.

Mari said...

All your blocks look great! Instructions for the on-point setting are coming on Saturday. If you think you want a larger quilt, you could always alternate the pieced blocks with 10-inch squares of print (or many prints!) That way you don't have to make more blocks but you get a bigger quilt. No matter what, it's going to be a great quilt!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely blue and green blocks! After the fun to sew the blocks, now the fun to find a setting! I bet your quilt is going to be very pretty

Laura said...

I am green with envy...lovin' your green fabric choices! :)

dq said...

Those blocks are crisply perfect!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Loved reading your roundup.
Your rainbow blocks are brilliant! These will make quite a striking piece.