Tuesday 27 November 2018

Good Fortune clue 1

Shall I? Shan't I? I thought when I read the introduction to Bonnie Hunter's mystery for this winter. I really don't have time for another quilt at the moment, but I can't resist a mystery!

The first clue was published on Friday inspired by China (the country, not the fine porcelain!) and features a lot of red. Yesterday afternoon the link up started and an amazing number of people had already made lots of units, and when I say lots I mean more, many more than these:
Fourteen 2.5" four-patches
So this morning I hastily fished in my red and neutral scrap buckets and and whittled some already small scraps down to 1.5" and came to a total of fourteen 4-patches. That's it for this week.

I've decided to follow the clues, making some units each week, and deciding after the reveal how many more I need for my project. I shan't be making a bed quilt - we don't use those here. I like to read Bonnie's clues - they're so informative and I learn a lot - and follow people's progress from week to week.

I'm linking to Quiltville
https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/11/mystery-monday-link-up-and-cyber-monday.html
Click on the button to see thousands of mini 4-patches (mostly red!)

Happy sewing
Marly.

3 comments:

gayle said...

Happy to see you jumping it!
I've loved playing along with Bonnie's mysteries - this will be my fourth! I figure that even if I decide mid-mystery not to continue, the units for the clues are generally things that I can recycle into another quilt. Who can't use a bunch of four-patches? 8)

Ginny said...

Ha, another quilter with no spare time who couldn't resist the mystery! We're in the same boat. I've already decided to make the half-size quilt to take the pressure off. It's just so much fun to be part of the process, and I always learn something new from Bonnie's instructions.

Vireya said...

It is hard to resist the mystery fun. 14 should be enough for something, anyway! Even if it is a one-block table centre-piece.