I had lots of 2" yellow strips left from last year's Quiltville mystery from Bonnie Hunter. But if I needed confirmation that my guest bedroom/sewing room needed tidying I got it when I couldn't find them anywhere! Yesterday evening, having just finished sewing these, guess what ... I found the 2" yellow roll already set aside and ready to use!
A week or so ago I laid out all my bear's paws to date to see what I had and how I could mix the colours.
I still have to make two red pairs and at least one more blue pair, and split the purple and pink combination (top right) as there's too little contrast. I'm certainly nowhere near being finished with this one! I don't even have enough for a lap quilt, but I hope to have some of these units joined into blocks before the end of the year. Next year will see the same quilt moving along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!
I'm linking this post to
Pop over there and look at all the creative yellowness!