Wednesday 26 February 2014

WIP Wednesday: Good night




Good Night!

No bobbin thread = forced halt.



I'm about to restart the quilting. The bobbin thread ran out yesterday (the two pins still mark the spot) at about 16:30, so I left it then to make dinner and then go to work. I've just spent 20 minutes unpicking a couple of inches to get enough thread to tie off. I decided yesterday afternoon to try quilting again, despite having issues with the BSR earlier in the week (see this post).





Saturday: irregular "regulated"stitches on "trial quilt".






I was trying to make a square pattern and stitches are excessively long when I changed direction and moved the material sideways. The loops (in the yellow) are, however more even in length so I decided yesterday to start quilting the quilt only doing loops.


Still all is not well with the Bernina 440 and the BSR (Bernina stitch REGULATOR!) 

If anyone has any ideas on how to rectify this problem, I'd love to read them. I'm waiting for an answer from Bernina.

Now linking up to Lee for WIP Wednesday
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 


2 comments:

Vera said...

Good luck with another try. Unfortunatelly no idea about your problem.

Juliet @ Tartankiwi said...

Good luck with your quilting! I am on the verge of getting back to some FMQ that was abandoned in disgust a while ago, so I feel your pain. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get there!