Thursday 7 October 2021

Progress on my One Monthly Goal

My One Monthly Goal for October is to quilt my Rainbow Beads Curtain quilt, which was my Rainbow Scrap Challenge project in 2020.

This was also my goal for September, but I didn't get further than layering and pinning.

Now I'm quilting in the ditch around the "beads" with the walking foot and have finished two of the nine columns. 


I can only do one column a day as there is a lot of fabric to manoeuvre through the throat every time I change direction, and I'm trying to go easy on my shoulders. It's slow, but its progress!

I'm linking this weekend to:

Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation on Thursday,
Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and More on Friday,
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at Soscrappy on Saturday,
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt on Monday

Stay healthy and safe.

Happy sewing

Marly

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking good, Marly!! You are wise to be mindful of your shoulders. There's no need to push farther than your body is comfortable with, Quilting is no fun if you injure yourself!

Christine B said...

It's certainly looking good so far Marly. Good luck with getting it completed in October! Christine xx

Mari said...

It may be slow, but all progress is good progress! Looking great!

Ivani said...

Yes Marly, take care of your shoulder. I know exactly how difficult it is quilting a large quilt with a domestic sewing machine and how terrible is the shoulder pain.
A curtain quilt sound very intering. Have a great week.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I remember these blocks, and look forward to seeing your finished quilt! I can only do a little machine quilting at a time, too. It definitely feels better to do it that way!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is good that you are taking your time. You don't want an injury. Thanks for sharing your lovely quilt with Oh Scrap!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

The quilting looks good. Keep it gentle with your shoulder, large quilts are heavy to move.
Lovely progress!